What are 5 federal agencies?
What are 5 federal agencies?
- Department of Commerce.
- Department of Education.
- Department of Health and Human Services. ASPE – Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation.
- Department Housing and Urban Development.
- Department of Justice.
- Department of Labor.
- Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Agency for International Development.
What are 3 characteristics of an original research article?
The following characteristics list provides features of a Scholarly Article:
- Often have a formal appearance with tables, graphs, and diagrams.
- Always have an abstract or summary paragraph above the text; may have sections decribing methodology.
- Articles are written by an authority or expert in the field.
How do you use scholarly sources?
Finding Scholarly Articles
- Look for publications from a professional organization.
- Use databases such as JSTOR that contain only scholarly sources.
- Use databases such as Academic Search Complete or other EBSCO databases that allow you to choose “peer-reviewed journals”.
Which of the following is a trait of peer reviewed publications?
Usually have a narrow or specific subject focus. Contains original research, experimentation, or in-depth studies in the field. Written for researchers, professors, or students in the field. Often reviewed by the author’s peers before publication (peer-reviewed or refereed)
Are .gov sites safe?
gov are among the most reliable sources on the web. BUT beware of political sites, their intent is usually used to sway public opinion.
Who owns .gov domains?
the General Services Administration
What are examples of scholarly sources?
Scholarly and Popular Sources
|Authors:||Experts such as scientists, faculty, and historians|
|Examples:||Journal of Asian History, New England Journal of Medicine, Chemical Reviews, Educational Psychologist; books from University presses such as Oxford University Press and the University of California Press|
What are some examples of unreliable sources?
Unreliable sources don’t always contain true, accurate, and up-to-date information….What sources should be avoided?
- out-of-date materials (published over 10 years ago);
- posts from social networks (i.e. facebook);
- research articles without citations;
- websites ending in .com, . org, . net etc.
What does the domain .gov mean?
Domain requirements | DotGov
What are the 15 federal agencies?
The heads of these 15 agencies are also members of the president’s cabinet.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- U.S. Department of Commerce.
- U.S. Department of Defense.
- U.S. Department of Education.
- U.S. Department of Energy.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Which website endings are most reliable?
Here follows a list of the most common domain suffixes and the types of organizations that would use them.
- .com. Commercial site.
- .edu. Educational institution.
- .gov. Government.
- .org. Traditionally a non-profit organization.
- .mil. Military.
- .net. Network.
What makes a source credible?
It is important to be able to identify which sources are credible. This ability requires an understanding of depth, objectivity, currency, authority, and purpose. Whether or not your source is peer-reviewed, it is still a good idea to evaluate it based on these five factors.
Where can I find credible sources?
Where to Find Credible Sources for Your Research Paper
- Start with a simple search.
- Avoid Wikipedia.
- Use online scholarly databases such as InfoTrac, LexisNexis, and EBSCO, which provide access to the latest research in hundreds of areas.
- Newspapers and magazines are also rich sources of information about what is happening now.
- Don’t forget the library.
What is the best domain name?
How to Choose the Perfect Domain Name
- Use The Right Domain Name Extensions (.com, . org, . net)
- Brandable Over Generic.
- Short Is Better Than Long.
- Make Sure It’s Easy To Type.
- Make Sure It’s Easy To Pronounce.
- Avoid Hyphens And Numbers.
- Consider Using “Niche” Keywords That Reflect Your Website.
- Think Long-Term Over Short-Term.
What are the 15 departments?
The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments — the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, as well as the …
Which of the following sources for a research assignment about the 1968 Democratic National Convention would be considered secondary?
Because articles are written by scholars and reviewed by other scholars in the field. Which of the following sources for a research assignment on the 1968 Democratic National Convention would be considered secondary? A book of nonfiction published in 2014 exploring the legacy of the events.
Is a type of periodical that includes original peer reviewed research articles written by experts or researchers in a particular academic discipline?
A “journal,” or “scholarly journal,” is a scholarly periodical aimed at specialists and researchers. Articles are generally written by experts in the subject, using more technical language. They contain original research, conclusions based on data, footnotes or endnotes, and often an abstract or bibliography.
What is an example of a credible source?
The most common credible sources are scholarly journals, conference papers and books because these have been peer-reviewed (read and approved for publication by other authors). However, there are good websites that can be used; generally ending in . gov / . edu / .
What does org mean in a URL?
The . org domain extension stands for “organization” and is most commonly used for nonprofit organizations. It is also sometimes used for websites that aren’t necessarily for profit, but that provide the public with free information and resources, like a public library.
What is the importance of scholarly sources?
Scholarly articles are the most credible sources you can find because of the rigorous peer-review process. They are written by people who have studied this subject for many years and they have been reviewed by other people with similar experience.
What are the four government agencies?
The Four Type of Government Agencies
- The Cabinet Departments.
- Government Corporations.
- The Executive Branch.
- Independent Executive Agencies.
- Independent Regulatory Commissions.
How many .gov sites are there?
Can anyone get a .gov domain?
gov domain is the “gold standard,” because it is not possible for anybody to buy the dot gov version.
Which of the following can be considered a periodical?
Periodicals are magazines, scholarly journals, newspapers, and newsletters. They are publications that are published at regular intervals. Daily newspapers, weekly magazines, and quarterly journals are all periodicals.
Is .org a credible source?
Check the domain name Look at the three letters at the end of the site’s domain name, such as “edu” (educational), “gov” (government), “org” (nonprofit), and “com” (commercial). Generally, . edu and . gov websites are credible, but beware of sites that use these suffixes in an attempt to mislead.
What are the advantages of using scholarly peer-reviewed sources?
The major advantage of a peer review process is that peer-reviewed articles provide a trusted form of scientific communication. Since scientific knowledge is cumulative and builds on itself, this trust is particularly important.