What does amplification mean?
What does amplification mean?
1a : an act, example, or product of amplifying. b : a usually massive replication of genetic material and especially of a gene or DNA sequence (as in a polymerase chain reaction) 2a : the particulars by which a statement is expanded. b : an expanded statement.
How do you use exult in a sentence?
Definition of ‘exult’
- He was exulting in a win at the show earlier that day.
- Some individual investors exulted at the record.
- I exulted and wept for joy.
- “This is what I’ve longed for during my entire career,” Kendall exulted.
How do you use knell in a sentence?
Knell in a Sentence 🔉
- Everyone took the company president’s resignation as the company’s knell of bankruptcy.
- When Linda broke her spine, she knew the injury was the knell that represented the end of her skating career.
What is amplification in grammar?
Amplification (pronounced am-pluh-fi-key-shuh-n) involves extending a sentence or phrase in order to further explain, emphasize, or exaggerate certain points of a definition, description, or argument. Amplification can involve embellishment or technical elaboration.
What is amplification in a tsunami?
Panel 3—Amplification: Several things happen as the local tsunami travels over the continental slope. Most obvious is that the amplitude increases. In addition, the wavelength decreases. Panel 4—Runup: Tsunami runup occurs when a peak in the tsunami wave travels from the near-shore region onto shore.
How do you use amplification?
Amplification is a rhetorical device writers use to embellish a sentence or statement by adding further information. The objective is to increase readability and worth of the statement or sentence. They usually use it when a simple sentence is abrupt, and cannot convey the desired implications.
How do you use laconic in a sentence?
Laconic sentence example
- He raised both eyebrows with a laconic grin.
- So little did he understand the seriousness of the situation that, when the laconic message “All is over!”
- Cato labours to express himself in an awkward and laconic epistle, apologizing for its length.
How do you use capricious in a sentence?
Capricious sentence example
- But Henry, despite a violent and capricious temper, had a strong taste for the work of a legislator and administrator.
- By this arrangement the capricious divisions of some books is avoided.
- I try to use a careful choice of words with people that have shown capricious behavior.
How do you use amplify in a sentence?
- She refused to amplify further.
- You may need to amplify this point.
- The new manager wants to amplify the company.
- This landscape seemed to trap and amplify sounds.sentencedict.com.
- We must amplify our effort by working a lot harder.
- A funeral can amplify the feelings of regret and loss for the relatives.
What is the purpose of amplification?
Definition. In molecular biology, amplification is a process by which a nucleic acid molecule is enzymatically copied to generate a progeny population with the same sequence as the parental one. The most widely used amplification method is Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
How do you use Mercurial in a sentence?
1 She has a mercurial turn of conversation. 2 She was entertaining but unpredictable, with mercurial mood swings. 3 Emily’s mercurial temperament made her difficult to live with.
How do you use exclude in a sentence?
1 We can exclude the possibility of total loss from our calculations. 2 The judges decided to exclude evidence which had been unfairly attained. 3 She gets very upset if I exclude her from anything. 4 The university had no right to exclude the student from the examination.
What’s another word for exclude?
SYNONYMS FOR exclude 1 bar, prohibit, except, omit, preclude.
How do you use erudite in a sentence?
Erudite sentence example
- The erudite student graduated at the top of her class.
- As to what India derived from Greece there has been a good deal of erudite debate.
- The erudite article was a great resource for learning about the difficult topic.
- You can tell that he’s erudite in the subject by his enthusiastic language.
What does capitulation mean?
Capitulation is when investors give up any previous gains in any security or market by selling their positions during periods of declines. A market correction or bear market often leads investors to capitulate or panic sell. The term is a derived from a military term which refers to surrender.
How do you use truculent in a sentence?
Truculent in a Sentence 🔉
- When my uncle drinks too much, he becomes very truculent and will fight anyone.
- Why are you in such a truculent mood that you want to argue with everyone today?
- On Monday, the truculent bully made the mistake of starting a fight with someone who could hit harder than him.
What is amplification in physics?
ăm’plə-fĭ-kā’shən. Filters. (physics) The act, or result of independently increasing some quantity, especially voltage, power or current.