What is a mullion glass door?

What is a mullion glass door?

Mullions / Muntins are moldings that divide the opening of a Cabinet Door Frame and either hold individual panes of glass (true divided lites) or more commonly serve as decorative accents over a single pane of glass.

What is a mullion in a door?

Mullion for Double Doors Fixed mullions are an integral part of the frame between two doors. They allow the doors to swing off the mullion if required. This type of mullion actually separates the doors and causes the doors to become single doors within the frame.

What is a mullion insert?

Actually, the name of this cabinet insert design is Mullion (or Muntin), which it’s basically an accent glass door with narrow strips of wood that divide the individual panes of glass – or the grids that divide your glass kitchen cabinet!

What are mullion cabinets?

Mullions are the dividing bars that separate glass panes in a door, much like those found in window panes. For many years, mullioned glass cabinet doors were the most popular choice among homeowners, mostly because there weren’t that many styles of glass-front cabinet doors available.

What is the difference between a mullion and a Muntin?

Mullion/muntin: A mullion is a heavy vertical or horizontal member between adjoining window units. Muntins are the narrow strips of wood that divide the individual panes of glass in a traditional sash.

What are mullioned windows?

A mullion refers to the vertical piece of wood separating the panes of glass, not both the verticals and the horizontal stile pieces. Today, mullions are the vertical bars between the panes of glass in a window. As with muntins, their role is primarily decorative now.

What do mullioned windows look like?

Mullioned windows often have unusual shapes, and they are frequently arched at the top. Gridded windows are square or rectangular, and the grid is regular, with evenly spaced panes of glass divided into a grid, rather than large blocks of glass divided by mullions or transoms.

What is mullion trim?

Mullion moulding is the vertical trim between window casings or panes, adding a visual break in the window itself. Though generally small moulding, mullion moulding comes in a variety of styles.

What are the dividers in glass windows called?